Saturday, October 20, 2007

People in marathon training do it longer.

I just realized that I haven't officially announced this in the blog yet: I'm registered for the 2008 Chevron Houston Marathon. Yup, I got in before the cap got reached. We're going for it. Woohoo! And so the training begins to ramp up.

I'm back from this morning's long run. I logged 16 miles on the Garmin in 3:07:58. I even managed a negative split! (For the lay folks, that's running the second half faster than the first.) The first eight were done in 1:34:01, and the last eight were done in 1:33:57.

It was in the sixties Fahrenheit when I woke up this morning, and I think I really took advantage of the weather. It's so much nicer to be invigorated by the air instead of feeling sapped by the heat and humidity.

Naturally, I celebrated afterwards with a stop at Sonic Jog-In....



On the return leg, I passed this water meter cover. I want to think this is a good sign somehow:

No comments: