Sunday, September 20, 2009

"thirtysomething"

For the record, I decided not to go to Kemah for that crazy bridge-bridge-bridge-bridge 10K yesterday. I think it turned out to be a great decision for multiple reasons.

(1) I got to sleep in later.
(2) I saved that registration money for another day.
(3) Instead I hammered out a long (and really slow) run of 13 miles on the local trail, which I really needed to advance my running fitness.
(4) When I arrived at the trailhead, I enjoyed some bonus scenery as a woman nonchalantly changed into her sports bra while standing next to her car in the parking lot.

Anyway, this morning's recovery run capped off a 31-mile week, the most I've been able to log in months. There are now 120 days to go until marathon Sunday, and the real fun is just beginning.

No comments: