Friday, January 1, 2010

Back outside

There's something wonderful about inking those first words into a previously blank calendar or journal. I logged my first run of the new year today -- outside for the first time in about four weeks. So there's another building block of confidence.

Last night I rang in 2010 with many hundreds of people at Sugar Land Town Square:



The wind chill at midnight had to have been around 40F. There was a pretty big guy in front of me wearing a short-sleeve cotton T-shirt, shorts and sandals. Naturally my first thought is, "He might be a runner!"

Happy new year, everyone!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Happy new year, Vince!

A couple weeks ago I was running after work and it was in the 40's. I saw this other runner wearing a t-shirt and very short shorts! I thought she was nuts.

Happy running!