Thursday, December 15, 2011

For $18 per mile, this better be good

Last weekend was the date for the Sugar Land 30K. I wasn't going to be participating, but since that was the last race in this fall's "Warm Up Series" before the Houston Marathon, I was reminded to go ahead and submit my switch to the Aramco Half. The drag in San Antonio had me convinced that 26.2-Ready wasn't going to happen this year. I'm still at a better place than stuck-on-the-couch, though, and that's the important thing.

"U-S-A . . . U-S-A . . . U-S-A . . . U-S-A . . ."
So, considering last year's deferral, I will be at the start line of a $235 half marathon in one month. I certainly hope to have a non-sucky run for that money. On the plus side, during the same weekend I'll be making myself available as a volunteer for the Olympic Trials Marathon, and the opportunity to be even a small part of some elite athletes' Road To London is something I'm looking forward to just as much. 

No comments: