Saturday, January 12, 2013

Remembering How It's Done


Normally, the sight of port-o-potties has a fairly neutral effect on my mood. But when I see a bunch of them bloom along the side of Memorial Drive, my heart beats a little faster....

Yes, marathon weekend is here again in Houston. I've made it through the training season and will be looking to take home another Aramco Half finisher medal in the morning. I tried to do the smart thing and take care of packet pickup yesterday. I allowed myself to splurge on a new pair of Asics Gel Kayano (which will be broken in after this race). But I actually went home with a net loss in the number of shoes I own, since I dropped off half a dozen pairs of retired running shoes at the Waste Management/SEARCH Homeless booth.

The last few weeks of training saw a cessation of running. Almost on cue, the onset of the holidays brought the onset of a cold that knocked me on my but for a couple of weeks, causing me to miss the last "long runs" of training. But this week I'm back, just in time to log a few dam miles and find my feet again before Sunday.

Here we go....

No comments: