Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Photos From Buffalo Bayou Park

Photos taken during my "carless afternoon" trip to the revamped Buffalo Bayou Park:
What looks like a big pile of sticks waits for kids at the playground near Sabine Street.

Peace between cyclists and pedestrians might be achievable if more separated paths like these are built.

I found these canoe-stranded-in-trees sculptures whimsical. They serve as gateway arches to the Sabine Street facilities. 

Dog park with a nice pond for splashing. I'm still looking for the cat park.

Near Sabine Street, an elevated green looks like the perfect place to host an outdoor concert or festival.

A statue of the statesman James Baker overlooks the bayou as it passes downtown Houston.

Kayaks! I still have difficulty thinking of Buffalo Bayou as an actual navigable waterway.

I spotted these masking tape labels on the ramp leading to the elevated plaza. Based on the names I think they may have been stage marks for VIPs to stand at during the recent ribbon-cutting.

Skate park

One of the "Tolerance" sculptures near Montrose Boulevard. Each figure is made up of characters from various language alphabets.

No comments: