Sunday, July 1, 2007

Mother Nature "comes correct."

Today's run could probably be best described as the inverse of yesterday's. When I woke up this morning, the sun's rays were beaming down hard. I laced up my shoes and donned my sunglasses and hat, bracing for a slow three-miler in the heat. In just a few minutes, the sun and sky were engulfed in gray clouds. Rain started falling, and a cool breeze started blowing.

When the breeze hit my skin, it was so cool that I could feel goosebumps forming. My body, invigorated and fueled by last night's homemade lasagna (thanks Claire and Bobby!), was signaling that we were clear to go for more. With the Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band twanging in my headphones, I accelerated to 10K race pace. I returned home after five miles that went by 12 minutes faster than yesterday's five. What a great run!

No comments: