Monday, November 26, 2007

Recharge Thyself

Some months ago, I was thinking about my upcoming birthday and decided that the best gift I could give myself is time off, some real time off. So today I'm embarking on Day One of Vince's Totally Unstructured Vacation.

The last time I took vacation off, I had myself running from place to place. I had slated an activity for every morning, afternoon and evening. Oh, it was great fun to be sure.

But I also miss the long-ago days when we were kids and had nothing to do on summer vacation except whatever we came up with that day. That's sort of what I'm aiming for now over the next couple of weeks. I have hope that in the process I'll re-discover a nearly forgotten passion and discover a new joy. But definitely I'm calling for some "recharge thyself" time at this point in 2007.

So this time, there's no big fancy airplane trips to a faraway land, no cruise, nor several nights at the Ritz-Carlton lined up. If nothing else, I think my financial health will thank me in the long run!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to pet the dog, then do . . . whatever. . . .

No comments: