Sunday, December 2, 2007

On deck: A heavy hitter in the middle of the order

This coming weekend on the RW SmartCoach schedule has a "go long" run of 20 miles listed. I still feeling a little rattled at finding myself quitting a 16-mile run at mile 11 last week. I can never get enough confidence boosters in this process, so I've registered for next Sunday's Sugar Land Lakes of Williams Ranch 30K (wow, that's a mouthful of a race title!). I'm hoping that a race atmosphere will help me get a quality 20 miles in that day. I'll feel very relieved if I can get that one because then I'll have two 20-milers in the log. This is the heart of the training schedule and the nervousness is only growing.

On the bright side, I did just log 40 miles this past week and 151 miles for the month of November.

41 days, 22 hours to go!

No comments: