Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sonic Drive-In Saved My Morning Commute

After coming home today and eating dinner, I decided to head out to clear out some junk. OK, it was more like I just wanted an excuse to drive by the local Sonic for a cold and frosty dessert.

I jumped into the driver's seat of my Honda and discovered that the motor wouldn't crank! My records show that the last time I bought a car battery was in '04, which further confirmed my suspicion that
I was faced with a dead battery. After an unplanned trip to AutoZone and a nearly hundred dollars later, I find myself dropping in the new juicebox at 9 p.m. at night. Fun.

Anyway, I'm back home again after taking the new Duralast Gold battery for a test drive and finally taking advantage of the 99-cent shake special at Sonic Drive-In along the way. It's a good thing I was in the mood for a drive out. Otherwise, I wouldn't have discovered the dead battery until tomorrow morning. And not getting it to crank when I need to get to work would have certainly made me a crank!

Thank you, Sonic cravings!

No comments: