Friday, July 17, 2009

In!

Dear Treadmill,

I know we haven't seen much of each other lately. I wanted to let you know that I really appreciated your help in those good performances I enjoyed at the Heart of Katy 5K and the Bayou City Classic earlier in the spring.

Well, I'm going to be spending more significant time with you again. You see, this morning, registration opened for the Marathon Sunday events in Houston and my impulsive self registered . . . for the full marathon event.

The first time I registered for this 26.2-miler three years ago I was a little wide-eyed and naive about what it took. Deep into training I found myself waving the white flag and switching to the half before race day in 2007. After finally breaking through in 2008, I truly comprehend what it takes . . . and I still registered today anyway. So, yes, I am truly nuts. But it's like a little personal version of America returning to the moon.

T-minus 183 days, 19 hours, 13 minutes to launch....

See You Soon,

CurrentlyVince

No comments: