Saturday, October 24, 2009

Energy Capital Run

This will be my last race for the time being. I completed a run/walk of this 5K in just under 42 minutes.



I had pre-registered earlier in the month and I'm glad I showed up. The weather was beautiful one for outdoor activities, with a dawn temp in the high forties. Instead of a cotton T, the packets came with a New Balance tech fabric shirt with the race logo. Gulf States Toyota's facility is right on the course, and after the race I picked up a freebie Houston Rockets polo shirt from the carmaker's table. I will make good use of both.

In all, this was a pretty well-run event. The only anomaly I encountered was that the police had not completely closed the Enclave Parkway intersection with Briar Forest, and participants had to stop there twice on the out-and-back course until the officer waved them on.

I hope I can figure out what is keeping me from running as I think I should. What worries me, of course, is that there's a real possibility that I may have to sit out the marathon if I don't.

Forward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vince, I honestly haven't been keeping up todate on anyone's running like I should but I do know that when I am not running/racing as well as I would like it is usually due to mental blocks which then affects my training. I psych myself out. I talk myself out of a strong performance. I will let myself walk too long or slow down when I know that I should be capable of more. My husband says it is "all psychological". Are you perhaps doing this? Putting too much pressure on yourself or are you maybe injured?
I really do hope that you figure it out. I would hate to see you skip your next marathon.