Saturday, April 24, 2010

Green 6.2

For Sale: One (1) wildflower-seeded race bib and one (1) D-Tag from the debut running of the Green 6.2. Potential collector's item, pristine condition, never used. Will take pint of frustration-soothing chocolate ice cream or best offer.

I remember being so pleased with myself this morning -- getting up early after a good night's sleep, getting a decent breakfast and leaving home when I intended. It was quite a surprise when I arrived at CityCentre and was told that I had completely missed the start of the race. As it turns out, for weeks I had the wrong gun time written on my calendar. I was so late that the course was already dismantled, except for the finish line welcoming back the last stragglers.

I had come prepared to run anyway, of course, so I simply took off on my own unsupported run around the Town and Country area -- an impromptu eight-mile double loop, featuring an up-and-down the five levels of the CityCentre parking garage. For this morning, score me as "DNS due to incompetence."

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wups! Well, at least you got a pretty race number out of it. =P