Saturday, April 17, 2010

"On your left" . . . times thirteen thousand

I planned today's six-miler so that I could take a break in the middle and watch one of the starts of this weekend's BP MS150. Shortly before dawn, I reached my perch overlooking the Omni Hotel just as the singer began belting out the first bars of the national anthem.
Over the next 45 minutes, wave after wave of cyclists pulsed out over the Addicks Dam and down into the misted forest. The State Capitol in Austin -- their final destination -- waits for them 180 miles away. It's a sight you don't see every day:


As I was leaving, I couldn't resist snapping a final picture of the Brightroom photographers. After having them capture my not-so-glamorous side at so many events, turnabout is fair play, I say!

1 comment:

erica said...

Fair play! Except, their not sweaty at mile 9 :)