Saturday, May 29, 2010

Astros Race for the Pennant 5K

All I had to do today was simply show up on time and the 2010 edition of the Race for the Pennant would be considered a success to me.

But as long as I was there, I figured I'd run the course too, finishing the 5K in an even 38 minutes according to my trusty Forerunner 205. This might have been closer to 35 minutes if I didn't take a few stops to take some snapshots with the Backflip. This was my first time to return to the RFTP since the switch to the out-and-back course over the Elysian viaduct. While I have a hate-hate relationship with this roadway overpass, tangling with it many times on Marathon Sunday and on Rodeo Parade mornings, it can reward the amateur photog with some nice vistas of the north face of the downtown skyline.

With the fifth anniversary of my first 5K behind me, it's time to look forward to one of my favorite neighborhood running events -- the Houston Heights Fun Run on June 5.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Did you melt out there? The heat is killer!

Too bad the Astros aren't racing for the pennant. =/

Heights run should be nice. Enjoy!