Tuesday, April 10, 2007

rnd(20070410)

Random stuff today:

The Boston Marathon coming Monday. A (formerly) 438-pound guy from Wisconsion wants to run/walk the course as a "bandit." Hilarity is inevitable.
* * *
I think I've got my "next running goal" thing figured out. I have the sub-30-minute 5K, so the next logical goal is to try to pick up a 60-minute 10K. That would mean finding a way to squeeze 3 minutes off my PR from the last Turkey Trot. There is an opportunity coming up at the Pearland Pear Run on May 12. I just hope the weather isn't too warm by then.
* * *
It Sure Smells Like a Bug To Me: I filed my tax return this week. Like a good geek my intention was to file 100% electronically, just as I have for the past 10 years or so without any problems. But the software I was using kept rejecting my return, telling me that the 2005 Adjusted Gross Income figure I was submitting (to help authenticate my identity) did not match what was submitted last year. I was somehow expected to correct this before re-submitting. This perplexes me, since this number was automatically imported from the 2005 version of the same software. How could I have made the mistake here? I can't believe that I'll actually have to visit the post office this week to mail a signature form. I may as well ride a horse there.
* * *
American Idol comes on Tuesday nights. I've had class on Tuesday nights. For the first time since the show made it's debut, I feel just fine about not watching. I'm not even recording it. It's a bit liberating to realize that I don't really care who wins now, especially since I'm enjoying the non-winners' albums even more than the winners'. Even Kelly Clarkson's second album was way more interesting than the mish-mash of stuff they had her record immediately after winning season 1.

No comments: