Tuesday, April 3, 2007

rnd(20070403)

Random musings here. Just itty-bitty stuff -- each doesn't seem deserving of a whole post on its own:

  • Major league baseball season opened this week. It's too bad the Astros have lost the first two games thanks to bullpen breakdowns, but thankfully (or not) it's a long season. If Morgan Ensberg can find 2005 again . . . if Jason Jennings Colorado performance really does translate up with a move to Minute Maid Park . . . if Adam Everett and Brad Ausmus can stop being a "black hole" in the lineup . . . (the campaign has a lot of if's) there may be meaningful games in September.
  • NBA playoffs are just around the corner. I think the Rockets have enough to make trouble this year. Really.
  • I don't know why exactly, but I find myself wanting Thomas Owen's "One" bike. Maybe it's because I'm a fan of all things portable, or maybe it's because gasoline prices are creeping up again. More pictures can be seen at the designer's website.
  • I went for a jog on my usual 3-mile out-and-back near home yesterday. Maybe it's the temperatures returning to the 80s Fahrenheit, but I just felt unmotivated and lethargic sooner than expected. I think I either need to break routine somehow, or put another goal race in front of me.

No comments: