Sunday, March 23, 2008

Tour de Sonic: Cause for a Pause

I am going to admit to myself right now that completing the entire sampling of the menu at Sonic Drive-In will be too ambitious of a goal to complete by the end of this month.

It's not as if I haven't been trying -- of the 146 discrete items I identified on the menu, I've had 75 of them. But the overwhelming majority of what is left are the different dessert and drink options. I'd be looking at making several dozen trips in the last week to clear out the cold and refreshing columns. I won't even start on the nutritional imbalances this would impose.

I'll definitely finish it off in the next month or too. Meanwhile, I can offer these observations so far:

The Java Chillers and hot lattes are calorie-laden, but awesome. I have no idea why I'd need to enter a Starbucks ever again, unless I'm trying to meet someone.

Ched 'R' Peppers are an oily mess. I can guarantee that I won't order them again.

CreamSlush treats are a watered down mess. I don't see the point in diluting ice cream.

The variety of slushes, on the other hand, have been a pleasant surprise and I'll be ordering them more often. Lemon-berry fruit slushes rock!

1 comment:

Lorelei Leigh said...

I love Sonice slushes. :)

Oh and I wouldn't waste your time trying to meet someone at Starbucks. ;)

Enjoy the rest of your journey. Eating more than 50% of the Sonic menu items in one month is still a pretty impressive accomplishment. You should be proud.