Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Change

Unless you've been hiding under a very heavy rock, you know today's election day. The ballot, of course, is headlined by the choice for a new President of the United States. Constitutionally, I am eligible for this office, so if you can't make up your mind, feel free to just scribble "CurrentlyVince" as a write-in candidate.

I was one of many who took advantage of early voting. In addition to avoiding the lines, this worked out well for me because I don't even live in my voting precinct now. Over this past weekend, I changed addresses, so I am no longer reporting from Fort Bend County. Doing my part in "going green," I've moved closer to where I work. So instead of commuting 45 minutes in the morning and an hour in the afternoon, the trip is only 15 minutes each way. In addition, I've got easy access to numerous trails so I could potentially use the time savings to run more.

I would have posted something sooner, but I'm still waiting for the Internet to connect to my new abode. I need to find out why AT&T was able to promptly able to install my phone service, but not my DSL.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I'd vote for you, but then you'd have to move again.