Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cheers!

I fear that I may have a latent desire to join the competitive eating circuit. After seeing a recent trailer promo for the "Beer Hunter" card at the Alamo Drafthouse, my first reaction was "Let's go for it." Modeled after my campaign to eat an entire fast-food establishment's menu in March's "Tour de Sonic," I'll be attempting to sample as much of the beer menu as possible between now and mid-November. Just like Jerry in Spirit of the Marathon, I want to earn that T-shirt.

The count so far to date:
  • a pint of Sam Adams Boston Lager during Hancock (It's better than the trailers suggest. Definitely another good look at the whole "superhero" thing)
  • pints of Harp and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale during Step Brothers (Will Farrell's antics do get funnier after a couple of drinks, but there's certainly nothing wrong with waiting for this one as a cheap DVD rental.)
  • bottle of Blue Moon during The Dark Knight (Excellent flick all around!)
It's a tough challenge, but someone has to step up and accept it.

Four down, twenty-six to go....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is pretty righteous to compare competitive eating and your own challenge of drinking every beer to running 26.2 miles.

I mean, you've earned it. Go for it!