Thursday, July 3, 2008

Do Not Remove This Tag Under Penalty of Blog

I think E is trying to get back at me for telling her that she'd do fine in running a half marathon. She wants me to share six random things about myself. People, this is MY blog. It belongs to me. If I thought there were things about me interesting enough to share with you, wouldn't I have posted about them already? Sheesh!

OK, I'm playing along with this game, only because she's a fellow slow-running Honda driver:

Random Thing #1: I've never set foot inside a Hooters restaurant. There's no real "reason" behind this.

Random Thing #2: I've been playing Guitar Hero III on the Wii for about two weeks now. I've beaten every song on Easy except for "Raining Blood" by Slayer. That one, um, slays me.

Random Thing #3: The other day a woman in my neighborhood called me a "show-off" as I was out walking my dog. Weird.

Random Thing #4: Many years ago, a woman in Austin called the cops because I was in her neighborhood and was suspicious-looking enough to spook her. I was just lost. I suppose I do have a menacing-looking side to me.

Random Thing #5: I once had an ceiling tile randomly fall on my head during an indoor volleyball game. (Yeah, I know what you're thinking. Cut it out!)

Random Thing #6: Just days after I took the picture of Bernie's 19th Hole, the storefront was closed up. I'm not sure which makes me sadder: (1) that I never actually paid a visit, or (2) that Bernie is now dead or married.

OK, here are the game rules copied straight from E's post:

- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Write six random things about yourself.
- Tag six people at the end of your post.
- Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Claire, Lorelei Leigh, Girl In Motion, Kelly G, Pat and Jenn . . . TAG! . . . I'll be visiting you shortly.

5 comments:

Girl In Motion said...

Vince, my sweet, I just left a mentally anguished reply to your comment on my blog. I'm such a loser, I don't know 6 bloggers. Will you hate me if I don't play? I'm with you in spirit and I do love your random thing #5 - the ceiling tile fact, especially.

Anonymous said...

Vince, you are so menacing - looking. Really.

I was once at a rock and roll show in a tiny theater in Philly and a pice of the ceiling fell on my head. But, I think it was just due to a crappy theater and way too loud music.

Jenn said...

LOL at the Bernie's picture/comment. Good luck with San Antonio!

I'm a slow runner said...

Hi Vince! Sorry but you and E are the only ones that I know well enough to tag back. I guess I'm full circle in the tagging/blog world!

Lorelei Leigh said...

I'll play...if I can remember to do it when I get home from work. 6 random things about myself might be a little difficult, since I usually already post blathering randomness on my blog every time I post.