Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Raising Cane's: Yup, they're basically chicken.


Raising Cane's was a primary sponsor of this year's Freedom 5K. Dropped into the race packets that morning were coupons for free "Box Combo" meals -- four chicken fingers, cole slaw, fries, toast, and a drink. So I decided to stop in and give one a try.

The company's "one love" is chicken fingers, and it shows. They were cooked when I placed my order and the freshness of the meat was obvious. The fingers were battered, but weren't greasy. The tangy flavor of the accompanying "Cane's Sauce" was very subtle, but I still liked it. The crinkle cut fries and toast were pretty good too. The cole slaw was rather bland, though, and needs something to make it something more than mere roughage.

The biggest disappointment was the lemonade. I adore fresh-squeezed lemonade. While I could tell that it wasn't the pale shadow of lemonade that you'd get from a Country Time mix, there didn't really seem to be all that much lemon present.

Unless I really needed something alcoholic to wash them down, I'd rather save a time and a few bucks by getting the chicken fingers from Raising Cane's instead of, say, Chicken Crispers from Chili's.

Now if I could get Chik-Fil-A's lemonade with Cane's chicken, then we'd really have something cooking....

1 comment:

Lorelei Leigh said...

I didn't like Cane's chicken fingers the one time I tried them. But your post made them sound so appetizing, so perhaps I'll give them another chance. I don't know if you have Zaxby's or not, but I really like their chicken fingers.

All this talk of food has made me hungry. ;)