Saturday, October 25, 2008

Seasons, They Are a Changing

Ooof! My legs haven't felt this beat up since the Flying Pig back in May. With a mere three weeks to go until Rock 'N' Roll San Antonio, I was very worried about what it might mean if I couldn't put together a respectable long run at this stage.

It took two hours and fourteen minutes, but I managed to roll up twelve miles in the Brooks Adrenalines. I'm pretty sure the soreness I'm feeling now isn't the fault of the shoes. I've really just been a bad slacker over the summer. Last night's low temperature bottomed out at 50F, so at least the first hour of the run was basically sweat-free. Hail fall! I finished up with a SuperSonic burrito and caramel hot latte at Sonic Jog-In, feeling better about my prospects of at least crossing the RNRSA finish line unassisted.

On Thursday I dropped in on the Houston Marathon "Run for a Reason" party in Memorial Park. I'm not really inclined to combine my event running with fundraising, but I did contribute some money and left with a nice "Run for a Reason" Under Armor tech shirt and a nice cotton "In Training" T-shirt.

Now the rest of my day will be focused on the wonderful cross-training activities of cleaning and packing. When the calendar page flips to November, CurrentlyVince will be blogging from a new address in the Houston area. Don't panic, I promise to continue the wry blather you've come to expect from these quarters.

No comments: