Sunday, April 12, 2009

Rising

Last weekend's planting of shriveled up bean and Swiss chard seeds have turned into this weekend's tender green sprouts in my patio containers. Life rising is a beatiful sight.

My Miles Game teammates on the RW forums likely will be relieved to know that I won't be posting a painted goose egg to our total this week. I've made a few short runs -- capped off with a four-miler at a steady 10:30/mi pace -- and haven't had any tendinits to complain about. I won't push it much harder or farther than that for at least a few more weeks. This weekend is all about new life and it does sort of feel as if I'm starting a new running life again.

As a sort-of random thought, Gran Torino was a great, great movie in my opinion. It's probably completely out of the cinemas now, but the DVD is supposed to be released in June. I know it might be strange to talking about a Clint Eastwood flick on this Paschal morning, but I was reminded of it because it's also a story of someone offering a sacrifice of self so that others might have life.

Happy Easter, y'all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The seedlings look great! How did the plant-wreck end up? Did any of those guys get re-planted or were they all bound for the great nursery in the sky? ;)

Glad to hear you're feeling better and getting some runs in!

CurrentlyVince said...

Surprisingly, after re-potting all of the plants, they are all still alive. Even the impatiens that had all of its stems snapped has new tender green growth budding from its crown.