Thursday, January 10, 2008

The training is over.

Is that really it? I ran my final pre-race miles of the training schedule, 2.8 to be exact. Now there's just two rest days between me and Marathon Sunday.

I had been doing so well for the past couple of weeks, but the dreaded Taper Madness finally bit me today -- hard. If it was completely up to the thoughts in my brain, I'd be bouncing off the walls and ceiling by now. I'm excited, but at the same time I keep having thoughts that I'm still not prepared.

A post on the RWOL Marathoners board reported seeing race banners already going up on Louisiana Street (downtown, mile 25). I might swing by there to take a look when I go to the expo to pick up my race packet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're here! Congrats! You made it! I am looking forward to the texts and updates!

HURRAH!!!

BTW- I added you to my blog too.