Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Two out of three

Today was cold (40s F) and rainy. I can deal with cold, and I can deal with rainy but I hate to run when they come together. So my running shoes stayed on the rack today. (I'll rip up my application to the Hardcore Running Club now.) I was still productive, though, and infused four fresh quarts of Mobil 1 5W-30 into the CR-V. Next up, air filter, spark plugs, transmission fluids, and anything else I can think of as the car clicks over to 150,000 miles.

Returning to running, back in June I had set out three goals for myself: Maintain a 20 mile-per-week base, bring my weight under 200 pounds and break 2:15 in a half marathon. I managed to complete the two running goals, but my weight is still stuck on a plateau above the 200-pound mark. I think I need to practice what I preach and forget about the number on the scale. I'm getting into smaller clothes and I did just finish a freakin' full marathon. I'm going to just keep eating sensibly and stay active. If anyone is going to raise a stink about me still being heavy, it will not be me.

Wow, I just noticed that this is post number 100. I have an excuse to celebrate, and the ice cream in the freezer isn't getting any fresher....

No comments: