Thursday, May 15, 2008

Another Walk in the Park

As I contemplate the life I have now, I've come to the realization that this summer will likely be an important one. Along the way of trying to "re-invent" my life, I've done a lot to improve my lot, but I'm not done. I have my full marathon goal behind me, and by this time next year, I'll have my graduate degree. So now with so much covered ground behind me, I'm finding myself wondering what the next big step should be, and it's got my eyes opened wide in both excitement and slight fright simultaneously.

Perhaps it will be like in my marathon experience, hitting mile 21 in Memorial Park -- rationally knowing I'm almost there, but being very hard to do take those next steps. It's sort of nice to know I've been "here" before. The one big difference is that I don't even know where the finish line is or what it will look like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it.
Reinvention is healthy, like shedding an old skin and opening yourself up to a whole new world of possibilities.

Great luck to you, Vince. I can't imagine a "more improved" but whatever you do, I the challenge will be worth it.

Lorelei Leigh said...

I need to do a little bit of reinvention myself. Inspired by your post, I meant to get up early and talk a walk this morning, to help clear my head and wrap my brain around my life at the moment and see what direction I think I'm supposed to take.

I slept in instead. ;)