Friday, May 2, 2008

Oink!

This weekend I've jetted out to the burg of Cincinnati to take part in the Flying Pig Marathon weekend. I had been reading good things about this event, and with numerous Runner's World online members taking part, I thought it would be a fun little adventure.

After my delayed flight finally made it into the Cincinnati airport, I still had a long trek on the ground to find our mighty FE leader Luis (HowardRoark), along with Johnathan (JonTosh) and Gloria (red is my signature color). After checking into my hotel in Newport, I went across the river to pick up my 10K and half marathon race packets at the convention center.

When I left the expo, I was feeling pretty hungry. I spotted a sign for a Chinese eatery across the street from the convention center. Some people like attentive service that makes them feel like the only customer. Well, I got that . . . because I WAS the only one in the place. When I talked to the manager, I mentioned that the restaurant seemed surprisingly empty for a Friday night, and he pitifully agreed. Even the name for the place -- "Wah Mee" -- seemed to fit the lamentable situation.

No comments: