Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ike Day: 6:15 p.m.

The curfew for Fort Bend County as a whole has been lifted, but the cities of Stafford and Sugar Land proper are still mostly without power and a dusk-to-dawn curfew will be in effect. We must be on a special part of the power grid because neighborhoods less than a mile away are still dark. The nearby shopping center (and its grocery store) is still closed and appears to be without power at this time. Slow Runner, my jar of Nutella is indeed empty. I'll be sure to pick up another when things get back to normal!

Only now that I'm catching up on the news, am I really seeing how the rest of the region fared.

This will be the last of the every-few-hours updates. With the "exciting" part of this story done, I think it will be safe to say to readers that things really will be OK. It's clear that my corner of the Houston region has fared much better than many, many others. Now we enter the much more "un-exciting" part -- cleaning up and putting things back together, including the routine of life.

No comments: