Monday, September 8, 2008

An indulgence of Hershey...

...Terry Hershey Park, to be exact.

I went to bed last night thinking I'd run in the morning. Well, I woke up today and the last thing my body wanted to do was lace 'em up and head out. So I made myself pack a bag of running gear before heading to work.

I am darn glad I ditched the morning run-around-home idea now. Despite the afternoon temps still hitting the nineties Fahrenheit, I had a really pleasant five-miler along the banks of Buffalo Bayou. The bayou and the accompanying trails really do form an ribbon-like oasis in west Houston. There are some points where I do forget that I'm still in the midst of urban sprawl. The trees lend embracing shadows to buffer runners and cyclists from the scorching stare of Sol.

We must return sometime.

2 comments:

SuperDave said...

Nothing better than dithing the pavement for some trails. Fall will be here soon!

Pat said...

that looks like a great place to run. hope Ike fizzles before it reches landfall.