Friday, September 12, 2008

Ike Eve: 9 a.m.

During the course of this weekend, I'll try to keep blogging what I see here in Fort Bend County as long as I have a connection....

  • I got a decent 7-mile run in this morning, plus completed Week 1 Day 1 of the Hundred Pushup Challenge as per the ongoing thread on the Runner's World forums.
  • Those fake storm shutters that flank the sides of the windows of some custom homes in the area look really silly now.
  • I feel very fortunate to have found a rare gas station that had fuel and short lines yesterday. The heart of the Energy Corridor was deserted by 6 p.m. It must be nice to work for the oil companies that will happily send you home at the drop of a hat.
  • Not a drop of rain has fallen, but the roughening seas have already knocked away the popular fishing pier at Galveston's 61st Street.

No comments: