Wednesday, September 17, 2008

That is a banana in my pocket, and I'm just glad to see it.

  • I returned to the office for the first time since my "Ike-ation" began on Thursday afternoon. Yeah, there was quite a bit of catch-up work waiting. Commuting is going to be tricky with numerous traffic signals still down.
  • Perishables have returned to the grocery store! Bananas, papayas, and a carton of soy milk are now in the kitchen. After meeting my fruit cravings with raisins and dried pineapple for the past several days, it's going to be so nice to bring back the fresh stuff. Loren Steffy of the Chronicle pays tribute to the grocers as "first responders" in this disaster. I'm not sure I'm ready to go that far, but they are certainly appreciated!
  • For the first time since Friday, the local TV stations have returned to regular prime time programming. Now it's just a matter of time before topics of conversation gravitate back to economic worries, the presidential election, and how the Astros have stumbled since Hurricane Ike denied their home series with the Cubs.

1 comment:

Lorelei Leigh said...

Ugh...you're probably better off with the hurricane news. :)